Achieving Fitness Results Start with ‘why’ to succeed.
Before you set forth on your journey to achieve your health and fitness goals, there’s one mission critical step that you must take if you want to put yourself in the best position to succeed.
Start with ‘why.’
“When you know your why, you can endure any how.” -Viktor Frankl
When it comes to achieving health and fitness goals, those who achieve at the highest level don’t have an unfair advantage, but they do typically have more clarity than most as to ‘why’ they want to achieve the goals that they do. They don’t merely workout, they train for something specific. High achievers train with a purpose, and it’s never “just to lose 10 pounds” or “just to get stronger.” The true reason ‘why’ is much deeper. It’s authentic, personal, and powerful.
A few examples of ‘why’ include:
- I want to be confident with who I see in the mirror every day.
- I want to upgrade my personal brand so I can book a role or receive a promotion.
- I want to sexually attract or impress a significant other.
- I want to set a positive example for my kids.
- I want to avoid hip and knee replacements in the future.
High achievers know that finding their ‘why’ will help them get out of bed every day, show up, and put in the work it takes to succeed, even on the tough days. No excuses. They know it will help them train with a purpose, develop more consistency, build more momentum, and ultimately lead to better health and fitness results.
You can discover your own ‘why’ by looking yourself in the mirror and asking the following questions:
- What is my goal?
- Why do I really want to achieve it?
This might lead you outside of your comfort zone, but it will help set you on the path to success.